WEB DEVELOPER // Full-Time
Over the last 13 years, our team has been working with clients to creatively navigate the landscape where marketing and technology meet. We’re continuing to grow, and seeking a skilled developer who is excited about working in a fast-paced agency environment. Located in our new facility in Dunmore, PA, we are selectively seeking candidates with a passion for technology, and their finger on the pulse of new digital techniques and trends.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing responsive websites and maintaining existing sites we’ve built on WordPress.
- Supporting clients existing websites by providing technical support.
- Ability to perform continual maintenance checks to ensure optimal site performance, including links, database, and other key functions.
- Ability to perform browser compatibility testing.
- Continuously find, follow, recommend, and implement WordPress best-practices that improve site performance, engagement, and conversion.
- Monitoring/Fixing WordPress security issues.
- Configuring blast emails, utilizing Mailchimp.
- Organic SEO and weekly/monthly reporting.
- Accepting client feedback and applies it to concepts in a productive and meaningful way in order to produce a high quality finished product.
- Representing BlackOut Design in the community and with clients in a professional and responsible manner.
An Ideal Candidate Must Possess:
- Experience developing responsive web frameworks.
- Experience with eCommerce systems, which includes WooCommerce.
- Experience in the complete web life cycle, from DNS and installing SSL certificates, to hosting, including patch management.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills and feel comfortable meeting with clients both in person and on the phone.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Must be quality-focused, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Strong development portfolio – please submit no more than 5 websites for consideration.
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of Pay Per Click campaign development and management.
- Previous agency experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field.
Total compensation is based on previous experience and skill set. Benefits include retirement account, paid time off, flexible work environment, professional development stipend, educational resources, and paid holidays.
Want to Join Our Team? Apply Below!